The delays are done. After almost a year of the comic progressing at a snail's pace, it now moves as though born by the feathered feet of Hermes himself. Or just an average Greek. Either way: not a snail.
After Issue #1 came out, I was unsatisfied with the color art. It wasn't because the colorists who worked on it weren't talented and wonderful- because they were- but because a series of unfortunate events caused three different colorists to work on the book and each of them tried to maintain the other's style, cramping their own. It made the final product a bit disjointed. That, and I desperately want to hide the beginner lettering mistakes I made (all of which are nonexistent in Issue #2).
I took time to learn color art myself. I've always dabbled, and I am one of those three color artists on Issue #1, but I took a few months to learn the (relatively more) proper way. I'm coloring every page of Issues #2-4. That adds time to the process for each, but mostly it added time to #2 while I studied and practiced. I have to thank the Youtube channels of Kurt Michael Russell and (the former channel of) Matt Hollingsworth for help getting a neophyte at least to the level of journeyman.
Things also slowed down because I started writing for (part of) a living. It can be hard to write all day and then summon the will to write for yourself, no matter how much you love the project.
Anyways, the initial learning period is over. There's an infinite amount of knowledge and technique to take in but at least I feel confident enough now to color my books while I take it in. That means that the nearly-a-year gap between #1 and #2 won't be repeated. #3 will be out shortly, followed by a re-release of #1 with updated (and significantly more rad) lettering and colors, and finally the release of #4.
At that point I'll assess my options for printing a collected volume and hopefully hit local (Midwestern) conventions in support.
That's where we are in all this! Cheers!